When in doubt…use Lavender Essential Oil!
Lavender, Lavandula angustifolia, is a favorite essential oil and a scent loved by many. It comes from the Labiatae or mint family and is known as a universal oil that has traditionally been used to balance the body and work wherever it is needed.
HOW TO USE LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL
It can be used by inhalation, applied directly to the skin or diluted with a carrier oil or taken internally. Lavender tea and ice cream are unique in flavor and calm the nervous system.
The vibrational properties of Lavender work on the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual bodies at the same time. Our energetic bodies naturally rebalance when exposed to the energetic frequencies that essential oils hold.
On a physical level, Lavender holds the vibrational properties of a pain reliever, antibiotic, antidepressant, antiseptic, diuretic, disinfectant, and sedative. It also helps reduce inflammation.
Lavender essential oil may help anxiety, arthritis, asthma, bronchitis, bruises, headaches and earaches. It may reduce high blood pressure as it helps you relax. It is very helpful for skin conditions such as eczema, psoriasis, and rashes and soothes and strengthens skin helping to maintain a smooth youthful appearance. It is known to affect the cardiovascular, nervous and skin or integument systems.
On a spiritual level, Lavender promotes consciousness, health, love, peace and a general sense of well-being. It nurtures creativity.
On an emotional level, Lavender is known as The Oil of Communication.
It helps the Throat Chakra with verbal expression. It calms insecurities that are felt when one risks speaking about their true thoughts and feelings. On a vibrational healing level, it addresses a deep fear of being seen or heard. It supports expressing one’s self by releasing fear and tension.
It encourages emotional honesty and insists that one speak their innermost thoughts and desires. It is through open and honest communication that an individual experiences unconditional love and acceptance.
Lavender holds a courageous spirit and helps people share their true self with others.
Everyday uses of Lavender are many!
- Apply to the bottom of feet or on a pillow before sleeping.
- Use to calm reaction to a bee sting or bug bite.
- Use with bath salts for a relaxing spa bathing experience.
- Apply to wrists or inhale when traveling to ease motion upset.
- Lightly apply to sunburn or scalded skin.
- Apply to back, hands, or feet of a restless or agitated child.
- Use to calm and soothe diaper rash.
- Use to calm sensitive skin after hair removal.
- Apply to dry chapped lips before applying lip balm.
- Use with peppermint for a healthy scalp massage.
- Add to lotion for a stress-relieving hand massage.
- Add to water in a spray bottle and use to keep away spiders safely.
- Inhale when feeling stressed or overwhelmed.