How to Cleanse and Protect the Spirit With Lemon Essential Oil
Lemon, Citrus Limon, is a favorite essential oil and has a clean fresh scent loved by many.
It comes from the Rutaceae or citrus family and is known for its invigorating, clean and warming scent.
HOW TO USE LEMON ESSENTIAL OIL
It can be used by inhalation, applied directly to the skin or diluted with a carrier oil, or taken internally. When used on the skin avoid sunlight or UV light for up to 12 hours after application. Lemon is used as a common flavoring in cooking or in a hot or cold drink.
The vibrational properties of Lemon work on the physical, emotional, mental and spiritual bodies at the same time. Our energetic bodies naturally rebalance when exposed to the energetic frequencies that essential oils hold.
On a physical level, Lemon holds the vibrational properties of an antibacterial, antibiotic, antiseptic, antiviral, diuretic, astringent, antioxidant and disinfectant. It also helps purify the air.
Lemon essential oil may help allergies, asthma, colds and flu, sore throat, lower blood pressure, anemia, white blood cell production, gallstones and nervous conditions. It may brighten a dull complexion by gently removing dead skin cells and is beneficial for maintaining youthful skin. It is known to affect the digestive, immune and respiratory systems.
On a spiritual level, Lemon is a spiritual cleanser and protector. It lifts the soul and keeps you cheerful while going through changes.
On an emotional level, Lemon is known as The Oil of Focus. It helps third eye Chakra as it nourishes the mind and aids in concentration. While Lemon supports the emotional body, its major effects are experienced in the mental field. The crisp scent helps people focus. Lemon is a wonderful aid for children with learning disabilities or struggling with school.
It teaches one to be present and restores energy, mental flexibility, and the drive to complete a project. It restores confidence in the self and calms fears and insecurities. Lemon is naturally playful and inspires lightness in our hearts.
It releases feelings of depression and infuses feelings of joy and happiness. It is powerful in addressing feelings of guilt and allows us to heal with confidence. Lemon holds an energetic refreshing spirit and helps release confusion as it brings clarity and focus.
Everyday uses of Lemon Essential Oil are many!
- Add a drop to a water bottle or to water served at a restaurant.
- Diffuse aromatically or apply topically for mood elevation.
- Add to drop of honey to soothe a cough or a sore throat.
- Dilute with coconut oil for a daily fingernail conditioning massage.
- Apply directly to cold sores for soothing relief.
- Add a drop of lemon and peppermint to your toothbrush after use.
- Diffuse in a room to neutralize odors.
- Remove gum, label adhesives, and greasy substances from fabric.
- Use to clean kitchen counters and stainless steel appliances.
- Add to olive oil for a non-toxic furniture polish.
- Inhale for an uplifting energy boost.